“Look who’s got a bad case of Dark Prince envy…..And where’d you get that accent, Sesame Street? [mocking accent] Vun, two, three ––– three victims! Mwah, ha, ha, ha!” – Xander Harris to Dracula, Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV Show
Did you ever notice how many movies have some kind of number in the title? You can pretty much find a movie with every number from 1 all the way up to 50 in the name. I’ve decided to do a large series of posts reviewing movies from 1 to 50, plus any other numbers that I find worthy.
To do this I could use your help. I’m pretty much set for numbers 1 to 13 on movies I’ve both seen and would recommend, but I have no idea what to write about for 14. Other numbers up to 50 I could use some suggestions for are 18, 20, 22-27, 29, 31-33, 38, 41, and 43-47. In addition, I’ve seen Less Than Zero, but didn’t feel it was a three star movie. I have not seen either Zerophilia or The Zero Effect. Would anyone recommend either of those?
A few guidelines:
- No numbers from sequels (and yes, there are sequel numbers that go that high for anime and Inspector Morse movies.)
- Variations on numbers are okay (i.e. Fourteenth, Forty-Seventh, etc.)
- Numbers that are part of a larger number would not count (i.e. 1492 would not count for 14.)
- Numbers included with letters would count (i.e. District B13 would count for 13.)
- Please suggest movies you think are actually worth watching. I’ve already found movies with numbers from 1 to 50; the problem is I either haven’t seen them (i.e. Code 46), or wouldn’t really recommend them (i.e. Love and a .45).
- Even though I didn’t ask for recommendations for many of the numbers, if you have a movie that you think would be great for any of them, please let me know about it. It may be one I have never seen and I always appreciate good recommendations.
I’m going to be leaving for a hiking vacation after I post this, so I will check back in a week or so. Hopefully now that I’ve got some serious movie fans as Followers I can get some interesting suggestions on movies to see and write about.
As I post for each number I will update the table below with a link to the movie. I have already populated it with links for numbered movies that I have previously posted. This list is not set in stone. I may add more numbers to it, and I may not end up doing some of them, if no good candidate can be found. One other note – the movies I pick will not necessarily be the “greatest” movie for that number. I may pick some lesser known movies that I feel deserve to be seen.
Only here to forestall suggestions – I didn’t care for 8 ½ that much.
On to the reviews…
Dec 12, 2011 Update - I am suspending this at number 50. I may pick this category up at a later date. You can read more about it here.