Monday, September 10, 2012

Humor – Call Me Maybe

I just got home from the local GM dealership.  I own a Saturn, but when GM got rid of the brand they also got rid of the service, which was top notch.  Now I have to use the regular GM service which is, let’s just say, nowhere near as good.

I tell them what work I need.  They set up a 1:00 PM appointment.  I ask if that will give them enough time for the work.  They say yes.  I say I’ll be waiting for it.  They say no problem.  When I get there I tell them to ignore a “Service Engine Soon” light.  It has been coming on now and then for six years.  When they do a regular oil change it goes away and doesn’t come back until another oil change is needed.  A few years ago they spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what was causing the light and never came to a conclusion.  So I go in today and tell them NOT to bother with the light because I don’t want to sit around for nothing.

Two hours later they come out.  I figure they’re just about done with the work.  Nope.  They are there to tell me they think they’ve got the light tracked down to one of two things.  What about the work I brought it in for, I ask.  Oh, they haven’t started on any of that.  In fact, they’ll now have to keep the vehicle overnight.  And it will be around 900 to 1,000 dollars when all is said and done.

So since I need to get into my house, and since I need my house keys to do that, and since the house keys are on the same keychain as my car keys, I tell them I need to get the keys from my vehicle.  Oh, it will be a little while.  They’re working on another car, but when they are done with that, they can get the keys from mine.

All in all, I had held it together pretty well.  At this point, though, I told them I wanted my keys and if I needed to go get them myself, I would.  They brought them out pretty quickly.  I’m now home and badly in need of a laugh.  Because I’m not in the best mood to write a movie review, I figured I’d share this funny video with you all instead.  You may have already seen it, but it’s funny enough to watch again, especially for the reactions of the people on the left.

If you’ve somehow managed to avoid ever hearing this song before, first, congratulations on achieving the near impossible, and second, it’s a song titled Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson.  The man on the right is catching people unawares with his performance on chat sessions.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, first I haven't seen this video before. Second, I find it disturbing how many of his chat partners are shirtless males in bed and/or reclining. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of what makes it so funny. Those guys were obviously expecting to be chatting with a woman who would be playing along with them and instead they get a bearded guy parodying the kinds of things they were expecting to see (dancing in a bikini, sexy moves, etc.) For me, the best ones are the guys that only slowly realize something very wrong is happening, but then finally start laughing after they get over their shock.

      Delete
  2. Too funny!!! It had George, Glen and I all laughing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! What I find disturbing is the fact the man looks better in a bikini then I ever would.

    ReplyDelete